What is your perfect idea of relaxing? Is it sitting on a beach? Hanging out on the lake or in a cabin far away from the general public? Or maybe it’s simply just sitting on your front porch in the morning with a cup of coffee, a good book and listening to the birds sing. Whatever your vision of relaxing my be, we tried out a product over the weekend that will make those relaxing moments even more tranquil. The Helios ‘Apollo’ Hammock.
We were more than excited to review this hammock, for more than one or two reasons. If you want a quality hammock, at an affordable price, that is easy to set up for use and easy to take down and store away…the Helios Brand is for you. Why, you ask? Let us tell you!
- Easy Set Up – The Apollo Hammock comes with the suspension straps you need to hang your hammock. After the straps are secured around two solid supports of your choosing, your hammock gets pulled out of its stuff sack and is easily clipped onto those suspension straps by each of its aluminum, wire gate, carabiners. Boom! You’re ready to relax. The company also makes sure to provide a set up guide as well as a “Welcome Letter” to help you get to know your new hammock!
- Light and Easy Storage – Your entire hammock, along with the carabiners, fits inside of the attached stuff sack. The suspension straps were sent outside of the stuff sack, so I did not try to stuff them in with the hammock, but they are neatly rubber banded together and placed in a zipper bag. Super Easy. All together, this awesome set up weighs just under 2 pounds.
- The Fabric! – Each Helios Hammock is made out of a triple stitched parachute nylon that helps support up to 400 pounds with enough room for two people to snuggle in one hammock. The colors offered (Volcanic Lava, Deep Ocean and Moonlit Night) are amazing! We chose the Volcanic Lava because, lets face it, orange looks amazing in the desert and our sun. The fabric is so soft I could use it as a blanket if I was in an emergency situation, I needed warmth and it was in my pack. Which it will be from here on out!
- Affordability – The Helios Hammock is very affordable at $65.00 per hammock. Again, that includes the suspension straps which some companies do not provide and actually make you pay extra for! For example, the Singlenest Hammock by Eno costs $59.95. But the Atlas Straps that you have to purchase separately are an additional $20 to $40! Why pay more when you can go with the Apollo Hammock by Helios and get all you need in one purchase at a low cost?
- Great customer service – We received our hammock within about 2-3 days from when Helios said they would send it out. Talk about expedited service! I was able to communicate with them via Instagram and whomever I spoke with was super friendly and helpful. I am not sure how long it would take for a product to get to, let’s say Maine, however, because they are located out of Colorado! Either way, I am certain they would have your hammock to you in record time. As of 10/21/2016 they have a 20% off code going on as well!
- Safe and Secure – I never once felt like the straps or carabiners were going to give out and I was able to have peace of mind while enjoying my view. With a weight limit of 400lbs, you and your pup, child, or spouse can easily share this hammock without fear of gear failure. Great quality indeed!
We had such a great time reviewing the Helios Apollo Hammock and we cannot wait to take it out again. I love the fact that my oldest daughter (she is 7) was able to use this hammock with ease and my pup, Hope, and her were able to take in the gorgeous view above. The claim by the company that this hammock sets up in 2 minutes is nothing but the truth and quick set up is so important when you’re trying to get in and relax! So what are you waiting for? Check Helios Hammocks out by visiting their website HERE and get out and get relaxing with your new Apollo Hammock!